JetPens | Video Producer | 10/2014 – Present | (site)
- Create commercials, tutorials, blog accompaniment, and promotional videos.
- Manage YouTube account, drove average subscriber rate to 335% in eight weeks.
- Build workflows and turnkey setups for streamlined video and audio production.
- Collaborate with content experts to write scripts, then self-record voiceovers.
- Manage shooting schedule, video assets, and asset pipelines.
- Streamline workflows using innovative and creative solutions, reducing project time and costs.
- Select, purchase, organize, and maintain all audio and video equipment.
Apple | Multimedia Specialist | 6/2013 – 10/2014 | Contract | (site)
- Shoot product videos, case studies, speeches, conferences, keynotes, and events.
- Produce Apple product training videos using hands on device and screen capturing.
- Collaborate with writers and content experts to produce creative briefs and scripts.
- Finish videos with short turnarounds including same-day and overnight edits.
- Localize videos in over 10 languages using vendors and in-house translators.
- Produce webcasts, live demos, shows, and teleconferences using multicam setup.
Stupid Fun Club | Video Producer | 4/2011 – 12/2012 | (about)
- Lead video presentation pitches for high level concepts sent to clients.
- Directed videos to pitch high-level concepts. Sent to ABC, Mattel, and other clients.
- Managed shooting schedule, video assets, and asset pipelines.
- Recorded mock segments used to solicit funding for a show pilot.
- Made product demonstration videos for toys, applications, and technology.
- Used motion graphics to create mobile UI animation and navigation prototypes.
- Mocked up wireframes and produced rapid prototypes during UX design.
- Worked with camera dollies, Steadicam, DSLRs, and high-speed cameras.
- Performed UX design for a range of applications, television shows, and games.
- Created company website using HTML5, CSS, and other technologies.
- Designed user interfaces for applications, games, and websites.
- Sketched character, vehicle, and environment concepts for games and animations.
- Planned and built infographics portraying schedules, data pipelines and more.
Valspar Corporation | Digital Media Producer | 11/2006 – 4/2011 | (site)
- Self-produced video promos and motion graphics for tradeshows and events.
- Recorded voiceovers and location audio then edited for video projects.
- Shot videos for lab practices, safety training, and visitor orientation.
- Selected, purchased, and maintained all audio and video equipment.
- Photography of people and products featured in trade publications and websites.
- Streamlined workflows using best practices reducing project time and costs.
- Worked with various clients and talent including executives, engineers, and children.
- Produced advertisements published in packaging industry magazines.
- Developed infographics displaying complex lab data, finance, and workflows.
- Created icons for use in applications, sites, and documentation.
- Designed logos for various products such as ValOR, ValLid, and ValFlex.
- Implemented UX design to create flash application for tradeshow touchscreen kiosk.
- Received two instant recognition awards for quality work and time management.
Striiv | Motion Graphics | 5/2014 – 2/2015| (site)
- Used 3D animations and effects to create product advertisements.
- Repurposed old footage and assets using creative editing and motion graphics.
Rosetta | Motion Graphics Animator | 5/2013 – 6/2013 | (site)
- Animated mobile device UI screens for product release video.
- Helped complete project for major tech-company client with global audience.
- Directed several interview spots and product promotional videos for GotBupkis.com.
- Animated graphics, lit various product shots and demonstrations, and edited.
Finelite| Videographer| Animator| 3/2013 – 6/2013 | (site)
Filmed and edited CEO presenting content and shot B-Roll of demonstrations.
Built and animated graphics to convey technical processes.
24hr Fitness | Motion Graphics Trainer| 2/2013 – 3/2013 | (site)
- Taught creative director and team After Effects and demonstrated best practices.
Prototyped video stinger for company logo while teaching.
Jhana | Videographer | 7/2012 – 9/2012 | (site)
- Lit and filmed interviews with content experts for Jhana customers.
- Recorded, edited, and sweetened audio resulting in clear and precise sound.
Valspar| Designer | Illustrator | 11/2011 – 8/2012 | (site)
- Made product artwork for monobloc bottles to be displayed at tradeshows.
- Illustrated corporate holiday cards for email distribution to business partners.
Europe-China Strategic Alliance | Designer | Animator | 12/2011 – 2/2012 | (site)
- Designed brochure and poster in multiple languages for recruiting campaign.
- Created and animated flash banner with strict file size constraints.
Other |Videographer | Animator | 2010 – Present
- Produced promotional video for DJ using green-screen keying and motion graphics. (work)
- Created animations and edited voice over for Iheartswitch.com product demo. (site)
- Transformed logos into animations for Friendly Gravity, Visimo, Appearim, and others. (work)
- Completed video production and editing for Howcast video tutorial. (work)
Cinematographer | Producer | Editor | 2006 – Present
- Cinematographer/Colorist for Sweet Dreams, a San Jose 48HFP short film. (work) (making of)
- First AC on Last Note film; Pulled focus, swapped lenses/filters, and pushed dolly.
- Worked with SAG cast and large crews.
- Authored and animated menus for Rumor of Blue Sky documentary DVD. (site)
- Directed and produced short film Passing the Cross, managingeight cast/crew. (work)
- Drafted digital and traditional storyboards and plots for short film Crescendo.
- Captured b-roll and interviews from various conventions for cosplay documentary.
- Directed, animated motion graphics, and edited a Kickstarter pitch video. (work)
- Contributed to projects with long hours in diverse environments with harsh conditions.
- Operated various cameras, microphones, mixers/consoles, and lights.
|Directing & Producing|
|Writing & Storyboarding|
|Special Visual Effects|
|3D Modeling & Animation|
|Data Asset Management|
|Final Cut Pro|
|DVD Studio Pro|
|HTML & CSS|
|(H)DSLRs and Lenses|
|High Speed Cameras|
|Motion Control Rig|
|HD Workflows (4K)|
Bachelor of Science Degree
in Digital Filmmaking and Video Production
|Documentary Film Production||Acting for Film and Video||Corporate Television Production||Producing and Directing|
|Filmmaking II||Post Production Sound||TV Production||Audio for Video|
|Advanced Desktop Video||Digital Audio||Business of Production||Lighting II|
|Scriptwriting II||Multi-Camera Field Production||Studio/Location Audio||Digital Imaging for Multimedia & Web|
|Special Visual Effects||Advanced Non-Linear Editing||Video Engineering||Editing Theory|
|Video for Interactive Media||Broadcast Studio Production|